10 Things To Always Keep In Your Handbag
If your handbag/purse is anything like mine, you probably keep way more stuff in it than you should, almost giving you shoulder pain whenever you carry it. I always try and give my bag a declutter whenever I change up my bag, but I really need to declutter my bag more regularly, to ensure I’m only carrying the essentials. So I’m going to share 10 things to always keep in your handbag, should you have any handbag declutters planned in the new year..
Depending on your handbag, you can purchase proper handbag organisers, which will help you to stay more organised with what you have in your bag. If you don’t have an organiser, you could always utilise a couple of makeup bags or pouches, to help keep things together.
I always carry a small makeup bag of essentials for touch-ups on the go, but I always have another pouch for storing pain killers, a powerbank, some plasters, mints, a mini deodorant and some hair ties just in case. Here are 10 things to always keep in your handbag;
- Makeup – ensure you have a concealer for base touch-ups or surprise blemishes, a mascara, an eyeshadow stick for creating a brushless eyeshadow look, a lip gloss and lipstick, nail file and lip balm.
- Wipes – always carry a small packet of wipes with you, preferably antibacterial wipes for helping to clean your hands on-the-go, or for sanitising any surfaces. I also like to have a small packet of face wipes, incase I want to remove makeup whilst out and about.
- Power Bank – powerbanks are such a necessity, especially if you use your phone to browse a lot of social media whilst on the go. You want to be able to recharge your phone away from home, and you can usually recharge your tablet or camera if you take one around with you too.
- Hand Sanitiser – this is an obvious one with the global crisis, but it’s important to keep yourself protected.
- Face Mask – this ties into the last one, but make sure you have at least two face coverings in your bag, so you change them up should one of them get damp from use.
- Medical Bag – carry a small pouch of medical supplies in times of need. I like to have paracetamol and ibuprofen in my bag, and then I have a small strip of my migraine medication, some plasters, feminine care products, dental floss and breath freshener spray.
- Wallet / Purse – this needs no explanation!
- Hairbands – if I have the urge to put my hair up, I have to do it immediately or my hair just irritates me, so I like to have some elastic hair ties, an elastic hairband, hair grips and a clip for all hair emergencies.
- Earbuds – I have to have earbuds in my bag, so I can zone out any noise and listen to Spotify or podcasts, and they’re an essential. I tend to keep mine in my little medical supplies pouch, or the cord ends up super knotted up.
- Collapsible drinks bottle – I love my collapsible drinks bottle as it can be compressed to a tiny disc when not in use, but you can still keep hydrated when out and about without harming the environment by using disposable plastic bottles.
Whilst these are 10 things to always keep in your handbag, I assure you, I keep a lot more than this in my bag. However, I feel like this list is a good starting point, and will help you be prepared for any on-the-go handbag emergencies.
Hi! My name is Gemma, and welcome to Miss Makeup Magpie. I share helpful articles to help you with beauty tips, tricks and tutorials.