Many groan when Monday rolls around each week as it signifies the end of the weekend, however I’ve always liked Mondays. Mondays provide us a fresh opportunity to start all over again, and make things happen, and we can focus on our goals for the week ahead. Mondays definitely don’t have to be a negative, so I’m sharing some ideas on how to start the week with a positive mindset.
Mondays set the tone for the week ahead, so if you have a positive Monday, it can help you stay motivated and positive for the rest of the week. Mondays give you the opportunity to achieve anything you didn’t manage to do during the week before.
When it comes to how to stay motivated, I find it beneficial on a Sunday to outline my goals for the week ahead, no matter how small and insignificant they may be. It’s so satisfying to be able to cross off tasks on your to-do list, and gives me focus too.
How To Start The Week With A Positive Mindset
- Practice positive affirmations
- Don’t waste your Sundays
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Practice mindfulness or meditation
- Prepare for the week ahead
- Start the day with a good breakfast
- Don’t look at work emails over the weekend
- Set yourself achievable goals
- Embrace new experiences
- Use setbacks as a catalyst for pushing forward
- Get mentally organized
- Turn notifications off to minimize distractions
- Start the day with a workout to boost happy endorphins
- Get a good night’s sleep on Sunday
- Create a ‘Monday’ playlist of your favorite, mood-enhancing songs
These are just a few ideas on how to start the week with a positive mindset. I personally find it beneficial to use Pinterest whenever I’m feeling unmotivated.
I love a good motivational quote, and Pinterest is always overflowing with positivity. Mondays really don’t need to be a negative, it’s just how you look at things, which ties into one of my favorite quotes;
“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer